Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Week of Sept 17-21

Tuesday
So...OK we are going to try something a little different again this week in school. I really liked what we did last week, but I think it is a little much teaching history and science twice so we are going to give Beyond another chance and try to combine them again. Hopefully I haven't confused too many people on our journey. I really like Sonlight, but we spend a lot of time on school and I have two little ones also to take care of so I am going to try to simplify.
    Today is our first day in Beyond together, again. We are on week 10 right now and the pilgrims have just found a good place to settle!!! So here is what my little pilgrims did today :)
We did math...Kayla started Singapore 1 today!!! I guess being in black and white has its advantages so she can color.



We have fun with science. We were learning how salt makes things float from the book. Our first attempt didn't work since I had too much water and not enough salt and jumbo crayons don't float as well as regular size :)
 


We also learned about the ocean floor. I was out of play dough so I used some of the shortening from Unit 1 and made the ocean floor with that. The pictures don't really do their models justice, but they did turn out pretty well.
 

Finally...we had to revisit what we learned about blubber since we busted our the shortening via request of my ds. Kayla didn't do this with us the first time. She didn't like the idea of getting her hand dirty so she would only do a finger :) I guess that shows you the difference between my little princess and ds :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment