Wednesday, August 8, 2012

LHFHG unit 1/BLHFHG unit 7

Well I have officially started LHFHG with Kayla this week. We are on day 2 right now and it is great. I have had the History for Little Pilgrims book for a few years so I am excited to finally be using it because it is such a sweet little introduction to history. We made a collage today with a cross in the middle since we are learning that Jesus is at the center of history. She also loves to pretend she is an animal and the Rhymes this week have to do with moving like different animals from each continent so that is going great. I hope to really work on her handwriting too. I haven't been too great at doing this with either kids, so I think this year letter formation is going to be an emphasis :)
Both kids decided they had to take part of the collage, and yes Kayla is wearing one of her winter coats in the middle of summer. I have to love my kids.
   Noah is spending his time doing BLHFHG this week. We are working on a new poem this week and I am having him copy a couple verses each day. I am so excited because today he did so well. He really hates to do handwriting, but everything looked so good this week. Usually he will get sloppy and his letters get really little and he will form them strange, but I am thankful this is improving.  Teaching Textbooks is going really well also. He just took his chapter 4 quiz and got 100% on it. He loves to get them all right. He is a little perfectionist when it comes down to it :)
Here's my little Brie who had to do school also. She watched the Letter Factory DVD I have and then she had to cut cut like her bro and sis :) Also, I am thankful to say we are mostly potty trained so that is a great accomplishment!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are adorable! I'm a pastor's wife too :) I've found a kindred spirit! HOD and PW!

    ReplyDelete