Friday, August 17, 2012

BLHFHG week 8

We had a great time with school this week. We have made it through the first 8 weeks and I am so excited. I don't know why but it always seems like I struggle to get through material with Noah, but BLHFHG seems to be progressing so effortlessly and I love it. So our little Pilgrims have finally set sail for America. In honor of this the kids decided to build their own Mayflower ship out of a box. The mast and sail are in the middle, it is a little hard to make out in the pic, and the Lego's are the passengers :) They decided to set it sail in the vast ocean of our little bathroom tub. Thankfully the tub was pretty clean so it doesn't look that bad. They also this week made a picture of the Mayflower and used toothpaste and cotton balls for the waves and clouds. That actually turned out pretty good. I ran out of white tooth past so the wave are more green and blue, but do they smell good :)
 This one is Noah's. He decided to make clouds out of cotton balls. There was an extra activity to do with this picture but we didn't because we ate all our cheerios, but they kids were really proud of their little boats.
  Kayla's is the pinkish one. I think she was thinking of the Titanic because hers ran into a glacier and the toothpicks are suppose to be oars :)


   Math is also progressing very nicely. Noah is doing well in Teaching Textbooks 3 and it is very nice for him to actually be excited to do math.
   LA is going well to. I am using the spelling list out of BLHFHG, but I have added in Shurley English also for grammar. I just love the program. We are finishing up Shurley 1...well we are at least over half way done and will probably move into level 2 when we are done or do Rod and Staff 2 since I have that one already :)
    Other than that we have just really enjoyed ourselves this week in preparation for our vacation!!!
    We have also moved on to a new Read aloud which goes nicely with the pilgrims since it is set in Holland and we were just there in history. We learned also about the storks that they believe brought good luck. Anyway, we are reading The Wheel on the School and I highly recommend it. It is one of the books I had out of Sonlight Core B and is a little longer, but a nice read.

No comments:

Post a Comment