Friday, July 27, 2012

BLHFHG 5/Sonlight week 23

     So, we have finally wrapped up our school week. I don't know why but I was just plain excited about school today :) Noah is doing pretty good with TT right now. I am so thankful for this program. He isn't a big writer so it is nice he can do it on the computer himself. I am always close by just in case he needs something explained, but he really hasn't needed me yet :)
   LA is going well. I do love us some Shurley English. I really like this program I think because I am a very analytical thinker and I like the question answer flow they have in the program. If the word answers the question then it is an adverb, or adjective...I always would get confused when I was little because in a sentence like The bird flew yesterday...yesterday never seemed like it was discribing flew, but with SE I know if it answers the question How, When, or where it is an adj :) I have a tendency to over think things too so it is good for now.
   Reading is going well also. Noah just finished the book Helen Keller. He really liked reading a biography. I never would of thought to give him a Non-fiction book on my own at this age. THank you HOD.
    We are really loving history too. I have American history going in BLHFHG. We learned about canals today in Holland. Afterward we went online and looked at real pictures of the area and loved it. We finished up week 23 of SOnlight also. So in Sonlight we are working on World history and I think we are still around ROme and Greece. I can't remember off the top of my head though and I don't feel like looking right now either.
     Kayla is doing well and enjoying her K year. We are on lesson 62 in Horizons K math and she does well as long as I am near her. She likes math, but she will get distracted and start drawing on her paper if I have to go help Noah :) I am really like SL LA K also. I have one of the older programs, but since Kayla is a strong writer it doesn't really matter that it has her writing more. She just finished up book 9. She loves being able to read a whole book herself. I am working on writing letters more with her too. I didn't work so well with Noah on how to form his letters so I am working harder with her so she doesn't pick up bad habbits. We also just finished week 27 i nP4/5 too. I can't believe we are almost done. Only 8 weeks left and then we will be done with P4/5 and move on to her next program. 
   Finally, for "art" the kids decided they wanted to make playdough models and me bake them. Noah is real into angry birds right now so he made an angry bird and kayla made a bird, well at least that is what she says it is, i think it kinda looks like a trutle though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment