Saturday, August 29, 2015

The week of 8/23

    So we have had an eventful week this week.
Kayla giving me the stinkeye
1. We finished up our first 6 weeks of school!!! Last week I wrote a post about how we were going to try schooling 6 weeks on then 1 off. I was going to wait for the bigger kids to finish up 6 weeks, but I started Brie 6 weeks ago and this mama could use a little break :)
 I also decided to break up Noah and Kayla from doing school together. Kayla, who is in 3rd grade, hasn't been getting too much out of school, so I am starting Sonlight Core 1 with her and that has been going great so far. I am trying to make a list of links to give her some extras because she loves hands on activities. If you have any suggestions please share :)


2. We had TaeKwonDo testing this week for both Noah & Brie. Noah has been taking lessons for the last 4 years and tested for his recomended black belt. In about 6 months he will be testing for his 1st Degree Black Belt!!! So proud of my little man.  Brianna tested for her yellow belt. She started taking lessons about 2 months ago since she is finally 5 :) She has been tagging along to classes since she was about 9 months old so she is happy to be doing this now. Her joy in this is now she can spar...watch out!!!

Noah drawing Fred
 3. Noah is almost done with Teaching Textbooks 5 and I am letting him try out Life of Fred Fractions. He loves Fred and so do I. If anything they are fun to read :) Here he is drawing Fred.


4. Nicholas is working on how many pacifiers he can put in his mouth at one time. I think his record is 3 :)

5. We have a new addition to the family. We have been talking about getting chickens for a long time and hopefully we will eventually, but as we were driving around we thought we would stop by the pound and look at puppies :) They didn't have any smaller dogs so we stopped by a pet store to look and fell in love. So, here is the newest member of the Stefko Crew, her name is Daisy-Mae and she was born on 6/23/15, 2 days before Nicholas turned 1. She's a beautiful dachshund.  We couldn't resist ;) We are calling her my early birthday present.





No comments:

Post a Comment