Saturday, August 22, 2015

Play Dough

     I confess I had never heard about making play-dough yourself until I started Noah in his K year of school. Part way through the year it suggested you make salt-dough. This was okay, but texture wise was gritty and messy so I thought maybe I could make play dough, and yes you can :) Okay, so many of you already know this and have done this, but for you who haven't done this yet here is the quick and easy way.The only ingredient you may not have on hand is cream of tartar which is said to be optional, but I haven't tried it without so I can't tell you how that will turn out. 
     First grab all your ingredient
  • 2 c all purpose flour
  • 1 c salt
  • 2 c water
  • 1 Tbs cream of tartar
  • 2 Tbs vegetable oil
  • optional coloring (we used Kool-aid)
    Once you have all your stuff together mix it up over the stove on a lower setting like this...

It will eventually harden up and turn into a blob of play-dough like this. Just plot it out on your counter to cool for a few minutes. If you didn't add in the coloring while you were cooking just divide up your play-dough and make a bunch of different colored balls by folding in food coloring. We try to avoid synthetic food colors so I used a Kool-aid mix that didn't have those. 
    Once you make it, it is hard to go back and buy the it:) My tots love this stuff!!




No comments:

Post a Comment