Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Week of Dec 10

Well our week this week has had a slowwwww start. There apparently is a stomach virus making its way around here and it hit us full force!!! Sunday my dd started getting sick, I will spare the details :) from there it has gone through all of us except the baby, and my 2 year old has gotten it twice :( Poor Brie Brie. Anyway, today, Wednesday, was our first day back to school. I don't have my camera going so no pics :) Sorry but it was nice to get back into the swing of things. Kayla was light with school since her stomach is still a little upset so she just did a little math and then decided she would rather take a nap then do school. I'll let her get away with that today :)
   Noah on the other hand did really well with school. We are on Unit 17 in Beyond and he is doing so well with this program. For history we started a story about 2 boys that were abducted by Indians! I believe they escape in the end. It was so good I accidentally read 2 days worth of readings :) For science we were talking about fish and how their scales are reflective so we took a piece of aluminum foil and showed how it reflects what is around it to help blend in. All the kids got in on this one so we had a lot of foil fish :) Noah has a pet Beta named Joy and so he made Joy a friend to go next to his tank also.
   Math is going well also. We are working on subtraction with borrowing. I was really not sure how this would work but he is doing well. The only thing that he doesn't like about it is having to do so many problems. He really is liking Singapore math so I guess we will be sticking with that for now :)  For LA we are doing R&S right now also. I really like SE, but R&S is a little easier for me to have him do. I can go over the lesson quickly and he can sit and do the assignment mostly on his own so I might end up sticking with that...too bad I have the first 3 levels of SE. I'm sure I'll eventually use them :)

   Finally, our RA for this section is under the mystery category so we are reading Detectives in Togas. This worked out nicely because it is the final read aloud in Sonlight Core B so I can knock out both SL and HOD in 1 book :) I still am going to finish up SL B...we have about 3 weeks left of pretty much history and a little of George Mueller's book. I am excited to get that done too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment